8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Road Design: Geometrics Course TM30
Provides you with the tools necessary to assist in the design of safe and efficient roads.
• Vertical alignment
• Sight distances
• Highway safety
• Horizontal alignment
• Pavement drainage and frost action
• Pavement design
• Automated design
Who Should Attend
Those who are entering or who have experience in the field of road design and wish to reinforce or broaden their knowledge of fundamental highway design principles.
• Basic knowledge of design principles, standards and engineering procedures.
• The ability to manipulate equations such as: L= π/180 X ∆ X R (to solve for all variables)
Participants will find it beneficial to review the following publications prior to the course:
• MTO Geometric Design Standards for Ontario Highways, Chapter C-Alignment
• MTO Roadside Safety Manual
• TAC Geometric Design Guide for Canadian Roads (updated 2017)
Passing Grade: 60%. Quizzes, projects, and comprehensive final examination
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as an elective Tech/ Management course for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisors – Senior level (CRS-S) certification program
- OACETT=This course may be used for technical specialist, technician, and technologist programs. Point Value = 7
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 3 Continuing Education Units to this course.
Register online or send to email@example.com or fax to 289-291-6477.
Antoine Boucher is a licensed professional engineer who graduated from the civil engineering at the University of Ottawa with now over 23 years of experience in municipal engineering. He began his career for the private sector in the Ottawa region where he was involved in all aspects of subdivision design including construction supervision. After seven years, he moved to the Niagara region where he continued to be involved in various hydraulic and road designs, while overseeing road reconstruction projects.
In 2002, Antoine made a career change towards the public sector and now holds the position of unicipal Engineer and Director of Public Works for the Municipality of East Ferris. As shared services, he is engaged in various engineering projects with four surrounding Municipalities, including Powassan, Chisholm, Calvin and Bonfield.
On a personal level, he continues to provide engineering services under his licensed certificate of approval with PEO. Over the last 10 years, he has been involved with various associations in his field and is an active spokesperson at conferences. He presently holds the position of President for the Nipissing Road Association where he acted as Chair host of the 2016 AORS Public Works Municipal Trade Show in West Nipissing. Since 2013, he is has joined the MIT course coordinator group and is an instructor with OGRA.
Holiday Inn Oakville Centre, 590 Argus Rd., Oakville, ON L6J 3J3
TimeOctober 23, 2023 - Oct 27
8:00 am - 5:00 pm