12:00 am - 3:00 pm
HR Essentials for Public Works - ONLINE
This is an instructor-led online course. There will be one 2-hour virtual lesson each week for a total of 4 weeks. In addition, there will be pre and post work such as readings and activities. Participants should plan to spend 2.5 – 3 hours on this course each week. (2 hours in the virtual lesson and up to 1 hour for pre/post work)
Access to online content begins February 6, 2024 so participants have time to do Module 1's pre lesson readings.
Virtual Lessons are on Tuesday, February 13, 20, 27 & March 5 from 1-3 p.m. EST.
Attendance in all virtual lessons is mandatory for course completion.
Note: Online courses take place on our education website not our main website. New users will be sent a username and link to set their password February 6. If you enroll after February 6, you will receive your username and password link within 48 hrs of registering. Registration will close on February 9.
Today’s organizations are doing more with fewer resources allocated to people services. And organizations are investing in their Management Team to become better Human Resource Leaders.
This introduction to HR Talent and Performance Management is designed for those who would like to learn about HR fundamentals and better manage their people resources This program was designed to introduce the many facets of HR and share foundational HR concepts to support your role. This HR 101 for non-HR professionals will help municipal leaders be better prepared to manage the HR function and align key practices and programs with their most valuable asset – people
The program goal is to provide you with the key skills to lead the HR function while engaging, selecting, retaining, and developing your top talent. Learn HR skills for non – HR managers while networking with other small municipalities.
- Interactive programming and virtual discussions led by an experienced Facilitator
- Opportunity to network with other leaders from small municipalities
- Participant Workbook for note taking and self reflection (printable PDF)
- Curated content via our D2L learning management system
- Action plan that aligns with performance and personal development
Participants who attend all virtual lessons will receive a certificate of completion.
- Strategic Human Resources
- Human Resources foundational topics
- Recruitment & selection
- Performance management
- Coaching and feedback
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for:
- mangers that do not have a Human Resources department to support their talent and performance development needs.
- those that would like to increase their level of awareness of HR functions, and how you can improve your people programs
Dina Barazza, The Talent Consortium, President & Chief Learning Officer
• Leadership & Talent Management and HR – 30 years
• CMP, B. Comm, DiSC Certified
• Founder, Avanti Women
• Chief Retreat Officer, Riverside Retreat
• Former Board Chair, Coalition of Persons with Disabilities (Abilities2Work)
TimeFebruary 6, 2024 - Mar 5
12:00 am - 3:00 pm