General Inspection Course TM32
Introduces the basic practices related to the municipal inspection of sewer, watermain and road construction projects. The focus of this course is municipal projects, MTO projects/procedures are not covered.
- Contract documents
- Plan reading
- Role of the inspector
- Sewer and watermain construction
- Record keeping
- Construction/field calculations
- Traffic control
- Concrete and asphalt
- Construction and the environment
- Field trip
Who Should Attend
Inspectors with a significant portion of their job duties related to the inspection of sewer and watermain installation and road construction.
Recommended introductory course for Scott McKay Bituminous Technology, Scott McKay Concrete Technology, and Sewer & Watermain Construction Inspection.
Passing Grade: 60%. Comprehensive final examination. Some evenning work may be required to complete assignments.
This course is recognized by:
- This course qualifies as “specialized course” for the Association of Ontario Road Supervisors (AORS) Certified Road Supervisor – Intermediate level (CRS-I) certification program.
- OACETT - This course may be used for technical specialist and technician programs. Point Value = 5
- The Engineering Institute of Canada awards 3 Continuing Education Units to this course.
Register online or send to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 289-291-6477.
Andrew Particka is the Supervisor of Technical Operations with the City of Toronto. In his 30 year career with the city he has done general inspection, and supervised roads and sidewalk construction, and winter maintenance. Andrew graduated from the civil engineering technologist program at Seneca College and holds a CET designation.
Lee Robinson is a Professional Engineer and currently with Dillon Consulting Ltd. She was employed as the General Manager Public Works and Environmental Services for Norfolk County. Prior to that, she was the Director of Engineering with the County of Brant for over a decade. She spent some time in the private sector as the Construction Manager – Urban Land Division for Stantec.
Holiday Inn, 590 Argus Rd., Oakville, ON L6J 3J3
TimeJanuary 29, 2024 - Feb 2
8:00 am - 5:00 pm