8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Emerging Municipal Leaders - ONLINE
This course will be offered for free to Municipal and First Nations members as part of Good Roads' Career Catalyst Fund through the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development. For more information about this initiative please go here.
*** All available subsidy seats have been allocated ***
This is an instructor-led online course. There will be one 2-hour virtual lesson each week for a total of 4 weeks. In addition, there will be pre and post work such as readings and activities. Participants should plan to spend 2.5 – 3 hours on this course each week (2 hours in the virtual lesson and up to 1 hour for pre/post work).
Attendance in the virtual lessons is required for completion of the course.
Access to online content begins January 10, 2024 so you have time to complete the pre virtual lesson readings. An enrollment email will be sent to all participants on that day.
Virtual Lessons: Wednesday, Jan 17,24, 31, and February 7 from 1-3 p.m.
Note: Online courses take place on our education website not our main website. New users will be sent a username and link to set their password January 10. If you enroll after January 10, you will receive your username and password link within 48 hrs of registering. Registration will close on January 15th.
As an Emerging Leader, you will recognize the essential skills and knowledge required to succeed as a new leader in the ever-changing municipal environment.
The program goal is to expose you to scenarios, opportunities, and tools that you can apply in your work environment. You will develop a better understanding of your leadership style, become more proactive, prepared in planning and expectations, and add tools to your toolbox to be more resilient. You will learn methods to communicate effectively with others and understand the importance of your role as an emerging leader and the impact you can bring.
- Interactive programming and virtual discussions led by an experienced Facilitator
- Opportunity to network with other leaders across other municipalities
- Participant Workbook for note taking and self reflection (printable PDF)
- Curated content via our D2L learning management system
- Action plan towards strengthening your performance and personal development with a Leadership Development Plan (LDP)
Participants who attend all virtual lessons will receive a certificate of completion.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self-awareness and discovery
- Team Management and Generations
- Coaching & Feedback
Who Should Attend?
This course is for anyone that is hoping to better understand how to transition into a leadership position.
Dina Barazza, The Talent Consortium, President & Chief Learning Officer
• Leadership & Talent Management and HR – 30 years
• CMP, B. Comm, DiSC Certified
• Founder, Avanti Women
• Chief Retreat Officer, Riverside Retreat
• Former Board Chair, Coalition of Persons with Disabilities (Abilities2Work)
TimeJanuary 10, 2024 - Feb 7
8:00 am - 3:00 pm